Wednesday 3 April 2013

Finished project: Sail boats!

I have been wanting to make this pattern by Jacquie at Bunny Mummy every since I found it whilst "stumbling" the crochet interest nearly a year ago! In fact.. I think I found it just as I was starting to crochet and though "Help! I'll never be able to make something as pretty as that". Well... here we are and I've managed to follow the pattern and as Jacquie's tutorials are always so well illustrated with well-taken photographs it was nice and easy! In fact.. it only took me a couple of days and that includes drying time for the starch!





I didn't embellish these ships as much as Jacquie did but I'm glad I finally found a use for these little fish! They came with my second (?) crafty creatives subscription box and I adore them, I just never thought of anything to use them for until now. This decoration is actually a house-warming present for my parents, but I have an idea for these boats for the future for my own home :) May be a few months before I make them again though!

P.S. I'm attempting to be a bit more conversational in these posts now. I read one of my older posts the other day and realised it was all short statements. Not fun to read hey? Let me know if this is any better and I'll try to keep it up :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh Kayleigh, I love your sail boats! And your blog is very conversational too (I had the same problem, heehee - maybe I still do!)

    ReplyDelete