Wednesday 9 January 2013

NOTW: My first Essie






I tend to only paint my nails once a week, so NOTW rather than NOTD. 
I got this polish for Christmas and its called "Bikini so teeny".
I have other similar nail polishes, but they're all slightly different. 
This is probably most similar to my Barry M Gelly Nails "Blueberry".
The difference between the polishes though, is Bikini so teeny has tiny flecks of sparkle in, rather than the solid colour of the Blueberry.
Like I said, this is my first Essie polish, and I have to say, I'm impressed. I kept it on my nails for 8 days, I think, (without a top coat) and that's when the above pictures were taken.
As you can see, it had started to chip, but nothing too major.
I used 2 thin coats, they both dried quickly and the brush in the polish was great to use, so it was easy to apply too!
The only thing I will say, is it took me longer than usual to remove the polish. 
I don't know if it's because I'm used to only wearing one coat of polish, or if the formula is a little more hard wearing than my "cheaper" polishes, but there we go.
I will keep an eye out for any other colours that I like that are on offers, but I don't think I'm allowed too many more polishes..

No comments:

Post a Comment